The Port Phillip Bay Fund is a grants program that supports projects by community groups and organisations who are working to protect and preserve the environmental health of the Bay.
The Victorian Government is providing a total of $10 million over four years from 2016/17 to support efforts to protect and enhance the health and amenity values of Port Phillip Bay.
The objectives of the fund are to support projects that address local and regional priorities to protect the health of the Bay and bay catchment area, including:
- encouraging partnerships across a range of interested groups and organisations who support the environmental health of the Bay;
- enhancing the amenity and environmental values in the Bay and on the foreshore; and
- reducing and addressing threats to the health of the Bay, including nutrients, pollutants and litter.
1 of the Port Phillip Bay Fund is now open and closes at 5pm on Wednesday 15
Up to $4.5 million is available in Round 1 for single and multi-year projects across three streams of funding:
Stream 1 – Community Small Grants: single year projects, up to $10,000
Stream 2 – Community Large Grants: 1, 2 or 3 year projects, up to $50,000 per year ($150,000 maximum)
Stream 3 - Organisation Grants: 1, 2 or 3 year projects, up to $100,000 per year ($300,000 maximum)
Who can apply?
Community groups, non-government organisations, local government and other agencies will be eligible to apply.
Where will projects be funded?
Projects need to be located within the Port Phillip Bay catchment or the Bay itself and will need to demonstrate a strong link to the health of the Bay to be successful. Inland projects within the catchment will be considered. Projects can be on private and public land. All projects must have
land owner/land manager approval, and projects on private land must also demonstrate a clear public benefit.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted through an online grant application system called SmartyGrants. You can save your application and work on it until you are ready to submit it. We recommend that you start your application as early as possible.
- Download the Guidelines and Fact Sheet (available below). If you need assistance, please call the Grants Information Line on 1300 366 356 (between 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday).
- Check that you are eligible.
- Click on the application link (below) to create a log on and draft your application. Your draft can be saved until you are ready to submit.
- Print a copy of your application prior to submission and check all content. You will be unable to edit your application after you submit.
Stream 1 - Community Small Grants
Stream 2 - Community Large Grants
Stream 3 - Organisation Grants
Submit your grant application by 5pm Wednesday 15 February 2017.
Community information sessions
DELWP held four community information sessions around Port Phillip Bay in December 2016. The sessions included an overview of Round 1, aligning your project to the Fund, reporting requirements, and how to apply for Round 1. A web version of the presentation is available.
Port Phillip Bay Fund Round 1 Information Session
Would you like to receive regular updates on the Port Phillip Bay Fund? Join our mailing list.
detailed program information please refer to the following documents:
Port Phillip Bay Fund: Guidelines for Round 1
Guidelines [PDF File - 4.8 MB]
Phillip Bay Fund: Frequently Asked Questions for Round 1
FAQs [PDF File - 182.1 KB]
Phillip Bay Fund: Fact Sheet
Phillip Bay Fund: Fact Sheet [PDF File - 1.4 MB]
of Port Phillip Bay catchment with local government areas
Map [PDF File - 393.6 KB]