Want to save money on your electricity bill? Interested in finding a retail offer to suit your needs?
It's important you understand your rights and know where to go for more information.
You can find tips on how to save money, apply for a concession or submit a complaint about an electricity company. You can also find the best electricity retailer for you.
If you are considering changing energy supplier remember to always:
- read and understand documents before signing or agreeing to anything
- take time to consider if an agreement is right for you
- shop around for the best deal by using Victorian Energy Compare on the Switch On website.
- check with your current retailer whether cancelling fees apply if you switch
- visit the Essential Services Commission's Your Choice website for information about your billing rights.
Keep in mind that if you're dealing with door to door sales people or telemarketers you still have up to 10 business days to cool off (change your mind) about an agreement.